Applications in the Hydraulic field are growing all over the world due to their ability to manage considerable power using components with little size and weight. In each application, when it is required to convert hydraulic energy into mechanical force or movement, Hydraulic Cylinders or Piston Accumulators are used.
Our principals are a reliable and highly qualified partner in the production of stainless steel and special alloys centrifugal cast pipes used as a barrel for the Cylinder or Accumulator construction.
- Rough condition: annealed or tempered, as requested
- OD and ID premachined cylindrical
- Finish machined with internal honing
Our principals are equipped with an excellent machining department and with a whole series of further qualified machining subsuppliers, in order to perform all types of machining operations.
The application fields of Hydraulic Cylinders and Piston Accumulator are very wide: Oil and Gas, Energy, Hydraulic, Static or Motion Mechanical Engineering.
Below you can see a table with typical materials and their properties in these applications.
What is Centrifugal Casting?
The Centricast process consists of pouring molten metal into a steel rotating mould. Water cooling of the mould permits a fast solidification from the outside to the inside surfaces of the casting. After the solidification the item is pulled from the mould and is ready for heat treatment.
Molten metal forced centrifugally against mould wall. Controlled solidification progresses inward towards the bore.
Oxides and impurities concentrate in the bore and are removed by machining.
Why choose Centrifugal Casting?
The centricast process produces:
- Mechanical separation of non-metallic inclusions: microstructure cleanliness (improvement in performance). They will be eliminated during machining operation.
- High density of the material.
- Very short lead time (Rough condition: 2 weeks / premachined 3-4 weeks ex works).
- All alloys can be produced (acc.to all international standards).
- Optimized mould to reduce weight and costs.
- Mechanical properties higher than that of static castings and fully comparable with forgings.