Centrifugal casting is a process that delivers shaped castings very near to the final dimension and of high material soundness. It is the best choice for the production of critical components where a high grade of reliability is required.
In the centrifugal casting process, liquid steel is poured into a spinning metallic shaped mould. Centrifugal action leads to:
- Mechanical separation of inclusions and impurities towards the internal surface, that will then be removed through the machining process, ensuring high metallurgical cleanliness.
- Extremely rapid directional solidification of molten steel under the pressure generated by centrifugal force that results in a very fine and defect free microstructure which produces outstanding mechanical properties and corrosion resistance.
- High process versatility and the ability to produce small quantities (single castings) ensures very short lead times.
- Possibility to pour items with tailored chemical analysis.
- Production of components difficult to be forged due to their poor cold or hot formability, with particular focus on heat resistant alloy products with high carbon levels.
Pipes with wall thickness from 10 to 150mm and lengths up to 5500mm. Rings, cones, flanges with wall thicknesses from 30 to 250mm. Balls with or without trunnions from 6″ (150mm) to 32″ (800mm). Our products are supplied in rough condition or finished machined.
Horizontal Centricast Items
Mechanical line pipes, line pipes for nuclear power stations, hydraulic or pneumatic cylinders, industrial gases production tubes, conveyor rolls for pulp and paper, dairy, textile, printing and metallurgical industries, bodies for HP ball valves, rolls for heating furnaces, seats, rings, nozzles, radiant tubes and fittings for petrochemical industry.
Outer diameter from 80 to 1500mm, minimum internal diameter 45mm, unitary lengths up to 5500mm. Wall thicknesses from 10 to 150mm. Single piece weight up to 5000kg.
Vertical Centricast Items
Balls and flanged bodies for HP valves, seat rings, cylindrical and shaped rings, flanged bushes, valve wedges, hydraulic cylinders, turbine seal and wear rings, seats, conical parts for centrifuges (rotors, bowl shells), valve cages, flanges, high pressure filter housings, conical parts for roll conveyors, gas turbine components, components for petrochemical industry (tees, manifolds, line pipes).
Outer diameter from 280 to 1400mm, minimum internal diameters 115mm, lengths up to 1000mm. Wall thicknesses up to 250mm. Balls from 6″ (150mm) to 32″ (800mm), with or without trunnions. Single piece weight up to 4000kg.
Pieces manufactured with different technologies (sand castings, centrifugal castings) can be weld assembled obtaining a wide range of products.
For more detailed information and a full list of alloy materials cast, including licenced special alloys, refer www.fondinox.com.en